manual - free edition 2.0
- Press the hotkey "F1".
- Click on the RokQ logo (upper left corner) to open the "About
RokQ" window. There, click on the link "here" right next to "RokQ manual".
- Drag and drop one folder or some MP3 files on the RokQ window.
- Click "Add Songs". This opens the "Add
Songs" window where you can navigate to any folder which you want to add to
RokQ now starts to import all MP3 files it finds in the dropped or selected
folder and in all contained folders.
- You can use RokQ while files are being added.
- However, further drag-and-drop actions and the "Add Songs" button/hotkey
have no effect until adding is finished or was cancelled.
- You can cancel the adding of songs by pressing the "Esc" key.
To be imported, an MP3 file must:
- Contain at least the "artist" and "title" ID3 tags.
- It must be readable and may not be corrupted.
- It must have its tags in any ID3 format from ID3v1.0 to ID3v2.2.
- There must not be another song with the same artist and title already in
- It must not be longer than 24 minutes.
- It must have the file name extension ".mp3".
- Double-click a song or press Enter when a song is selected.
- Your song is now added to the end of the queue which is shown at the
- The song which you just queued will be played as soon as the playing
song and all other queued songs have been played completely.
- The song which is currently playing is green-colored and at the very
- Every song is guaranteed to never be played more than
once. Songs that were queued before are therefore shown with red text and
cannot be queued again.
Note: This works only if a webcam
is available and was enabled during start-up.
Simply add any song to the queue (see "How to play a
song"). RokQ automatically takes then a picture with your webcam.
Your comment gets embedded into the picture file as an
EXIF comment. All picture files are saved in your system's default picture
folder in a sub-folder "RokQ output".
The most common genres are shown at the left side. The
songs of all genres are shown by default; therefore, "All
genres" on the top is green by default.
- To find all songs of a genre, click any genre
on the left side, e.g. "Alternative", "Rock",
- To show the songs of all genres, click "All
genres" on the top.
Simply wait until all songs in the queue have been
played. RokQ will then play a random song (which was not played already).
If a genre filter is currently active, the random song
will be picked from the shown genre. When all songs of that genre have
been played, RokQ will deactivate the genre filter automatically.
- Press the hotkey Ctrl+F (Mac: Command+F).
- Press the hotkey again to deactivate full-screen mode.
To quit RokQ:
- Click on the red button in the upper left corner (Mac: upper left corner).
This is not available in full-screen mode.
- Press the hotkey Alt+F4 (Mac: Command+Q)
||Open the "Add Songs" window
||Cancel adding songs
||Navigate to a song
|Type a letter
||Navigate to artists
||Scroll songs one page
||Queue a song
|Ctrl+F (Mac: Command+F)
||Toggle fullscreen on/off
||Open this manual
|Alt+F4 (Mac: Command+Q)
RokQ Free edition 2.0
Release date: 11th of August 2013
Author: Christian Dietz
Qt GUI + CORE - http://qt-project.org
BASS audio library - http://www.un4seen.com
OpenCV for webcam support - http://opencv.org
id3lib - http://id3lib.sourceforge.net
libexif - http://libexif.sourceforge.net